Tuesday 23 April 2013

Gundams Modelling and More~

I've been in the hobby of building model kits ever since my age was a single digit. My Dad used to build plastic models of movie monsters, planes, ships you name it - and somehow I ended up following suit.

I'd say I'm predominantly a wargammer, with my desk frequently littered with Games Workshop product, or the Ocassional Privateer Press Warmahordes mini. I've had my eye on Infinity for some time now, but between an already stretched thin hobby budget and lack of local player base its remained on the back burner.

Aside from 15mm heroic scale, I've always loved a good mecha kit. This season the hobby bug has been biting more frequently than usual, and I feel compelled to head over to the anime FLGS and pick up a new machine to pilot~

For a mech in its 30's, the RX-78 sure ages well!
In spite of my original reservations towards it, I have to admit, the RX-78-2 aka. the original Gundam is pretty bad ass! Its proportions and detailing look superb, and the simplicity of it is quite enchanting. Maybe its the Mac lover in me, but sometimes all those bells and whistles just feel too... over the top - I'm looking at you Strike Freedom! Not that high-flying-beam-spamming-mecha-action is a bad thing, but sometimes you just need to keep it classy.

And speaking of classy, this gal's got it in spades!


New designs aside, I think this bad girl's going under the knife next. The next question isn't whether not to paint it though, its how to go about it. Stick with the tried and true gundam airbrush techniques, or go outside the box and break out the GW paint. Decisions, decisions...

Stay tuned for first impressions and some good ol' WIPs~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment